Friday, February 6, 2009

We Are Sailing

Friday was sialing day. As promised Ted was waiting for us on the boat at Auckland Maritime Museum. He was to be one of the crew of the motorised sail boat 'Ted Ashby'. We boarded for free as special guests. We spoke to a man who was on a similar family visit and to members of a party who turned out to be a NZ AOG church on an outing with their pastor.



Once out to see the engine was turned off and the idea was to be sail powered. I was invited to help raise one of the sails. This meant holding a rope and taking the strain. This I did while singing 'Yo, heave O'. I passed the camera to mum who took shots of me at 'work' and a brilliant shot of the sails.


Unfortunately there was next to no wind and after drifting a little way the engine was turned on we sailed back to shore.

Ted came over to have a conversation and to indicate that after we had regrouped from our various travels (he from the Coromandel and we from Wellington) then he would like to show us some of Auckland that we had not previously seen.

We drove back to Glover Park for lunch and some afternoon before I went off to collect Sally.
Today a hard drive that I ordered on line yesterday arrived and I began the install.

No comments: