Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday and ShroveTuesday

Monday
Mum still spring cleaning.
I walked into St Heliers to buy long screws and lemon juice. Used them to fix toilet roll holder on bath side. Used blue-tac to fix light and fan cover on ceiling.

Tuesday
While cleaning in garage the light and fan cover fell off.
Finished cleaning in the garage. Cleared dishwasher. Rain absolutely pounding down.

Pancakes for dinner in 20 minutes.
I asked the shop lady in St Heliers if they did pancake day. I explained that pancake day (Shrove Tuesday) was the day before Ash Wednesday. She asked me if it was in the Bible. I whispered to her "N0. Its probably an Anglican thing"
Do you think that I might have kick started in new tradition in NZ.

The signigicance of this day is that it is 41 years since mum and I decided to get married. Some people might say that we got engaged, but I don't remember proposing or mum accepting.

Pour

Cook

Plate

Eat

Simple

Mum is now cooking stuff, including pancakes, for the family tea. I did help. Whisking and washing up is hard.

No comments: