Monday, August 3, 2009

James Henty Park and Dural Reserve

This morning Sally, Mum and girls went of to the swimming lesson at Castle Hill. They arrived back at about 10:30 and after morning tea we all went off to the James Henty Park. The girls took the normal way and I went in another direction which turned out to be the other half of a loop.

My journey was slightly longer, but the slopes were less steep. When I gor to the park the girls were already playing on the equipment. I took mum off to see the Creek in the Dural Reserve. (A creek is a water course which is wider than a brook, but not as wide as a river. I also looked up billabong and found it to be a small lake something like an ox-bow.)

Dural Reserve


The Creek

After our short exploration we went back to the girls who were still playing in the playground. we then took them on to the field to have a run around before taking my route home.

No comments: