Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Parramatta River, Parrots and Flying Foxes

Yesterday mum and I walked down to the Parramatta River. It is wide and brown and calm with good reflections.


Near the end of our walk and close to the cafe was the roost of a flock of white parrots. They were really quite tame. I expect that they are used to being fed.


The best was yet to come. Just as we were leaving the area mum spotted shapes in the trees. In the bright sunshine was a flock of sleeping flying foxes.


I can't help wondering how it must have been when the first European settlers walked along this river and saw such things for the first time 200 years ago.

Next time I go there I will have my telephoto lens.

Today we went of to the pool with Zoe and Emily to have their swimming lessons. They are both doing well.

No comments: