Monday, February 4, 2008

The First Few Days

Saturday most definitely did not exist for us. I had counted out one weeks tablets and the following Sunday I had only used six days supply.

Sunday was resting. Monday was a bank holiday which meant a trip out shopping - food mostly, but Ian took me to Dick Smiths to buy a LowPro camera bag and professional tripod. It is the only way that I would get a LowPro bag and it is worth the money. Ian bought a 250 gig portable hard drive.


Hang gliding at the edge of Glover Park


On Tuesday Irene and I had a day to ourselves. There is a great view of Rangitito from the top of Glover park (volcanic crater). I did a complete computer reformat and re start.

On Wednesday we took the girls to Bear Park nursery in my Subaro. I am now much better with the automatic. We then walked towards Auckland Centre arriving at Ladies Bay which has superb views of the city with Sky Tower predominant.


View of sky tower from Ladies Bay



On Thursday we drove to Glen Innes and along to the spit that juts out into the Tamaki River. There were acres of sand the day was hot, but the whole area was deserted despit it being the Summer holidays.

On Friday; disaster. The Auckland roads are un-navigable. We did eventually get to Howick - back Sylvia Park shops and then a bedshop (on the way home). Well it would have been on the way home if we had known were we were.

On Saturday Ian and I did Pak 'n' Save, Dick Smiths for memory and a cup of coffee. Sally then took mum, I and Zoe to Devonport (a one hour driver over the harbour bridge) to the hairdresser.

1 comment:

Margaret & Arthur said...

It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time. Can't wait to see some family pictures. It must be great seeing the girls and spending time with Sally and Iain.